- StrongStart (13 centres) - IN-PERSON, Eventbrite Registration is required, Phone: 778-880-8554 (Abbotsford Early Years Centre)
StrongStart is a free, drop-in, parent participatory early learning program for 0 to 5-year-old children. A qualified early childhood educator leads activities, including stories, music and arts, to help children grow linguistically, emotionally and socially. For a full list of all 13 StrongStart Centres locations throughout the community click HERE.
- Emémel Spá:th (Little Bears), IN-PERSON Godson Elementary School, Jayme Yarema firstname.lastname@example.org and Elder Tina email@example.com
Join Elder Tina and Mrs. Yarema for an Indigenous focussed program for families with children 0-6 years-old. Enter the Godson large gym directly through the doors facing the playground at the back of the school. Drumming and singing with Elder Tina and enjoying a story at circle time. Run and play in the big gym, play with toys, make something in the art center, and enjoy a snack. Caregiver and child attend together so it’s a great place to meet people (in a Covid safe environment) and make a friend. Click HERE for the registration link.
- Mother Goose - IN-PERSON, Registration by email is required, Phone: 778-880-8554 (Abbotsford Early Years Centre)
The Mother Goose Program serves to teach parents rhymes and songs and give participants opportunities to build on their strengths and learn new skills. This program is for babies ages 0-18 months and one of their caregivers. For information on currently available sessions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn, Laugh and Play - IN-PERSON, Registration by email is required, Phone: 778-880-8554 (Abbotsford Early Years Centre)
Learn, Laugh and Play program is open in the afternoon on Wednesday at Jackson Elementary, Thursday at Sweeney Neighbourhood Centre, and Friday at Townline Hill Park from 12:15 pm to 2:15 pm. Crafts, storytime and lots of fun. Registration for ALL locations is done by email at email@example.com
- Saturday Family Fun and Story Time - IN-PERSON, Registration by email is required, Phone: 778-880-8554 (Abbotsford Early Years Centre)
Saturday Family Fun and Story Time program is geared for families with preschool children (0-6) and has 2 sessions. Session 1: 10am-11:30am and Session 2: 12:00pm-1:30pm. To register contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-880-8554
Due to the latest COVID-19 Public Health Order, Dad Chat and Chai Time programs are currently operating online only. Please contact Nam Aujla at Abby Dads for links to attend these sessions online.
- Chai Time - VIRTUAL - Tuesdays at 6:00 pm, 33780 Laurel Street, Abbotsford
Drop-in program for Punjabi Dads. Join Nam and Aman to chat about life, parenting, relationships, and whatever else comes to mind.
- Dad Chat - VIRTUAL- Wednesdays at 6:00 pm 33780 Laurel Street Abbotsford
Dad Chat is our regular, weekly drop-in program. No registration required! Come chat about life, sports, relationships, parenting, and whatever else comes to mind. Meet some other Abbotsford dads striving to build strong families! Open to any dad in Abbotsford.
- My Daddy and Me - ON HOLD Saturdays from 9:00 am – 10:30 am – Breakfast, Saturdays from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm Snack time (Punjabi speaking support worker is available) 33355 Bevan Avenue, Abbotsford – Sweeney Neighborhood Centre (beside the library)
Every Saturday morning year-round, the Sweeney Centre comes alive with the shrieks and giggles of young kids, spending the morning with the full attention of their dad. This drop-in was created with father friendliness in mind, creating a comfortable and safe atmosphere for fathers to interact positively with their kids. Come enjoy a free breakfast and/or snacks with your child/children ages 0-6 years old and meet some other dads from your community. This is a free, drop-in program and no registration is required.
Due to the latest COVID-19 Public Health Order, all Family Centre in-person groups and activities are currently postponed. Some sessions are being held via Facebook Live; please visit Archway Family Centre there or contact us with any questions. 33780 Laurel Street, Abbotsford
- Community Drop-in, VIRTUAL, Facebook Live community drop-in programs are Monday and Tuesday mornings from 10 – 11 am,
An excellent venue for meeting friends! Drop-ins provide opportunities for your child to interact with others while developing social skills. Parents benefit from meeting other parents and sharing information and support. We welcome all parents/caregivers with children 0-6 years of age.
- I Got you Bebe Drop-in, VIRTUAL Facebook Live Thursdays from 10 am – 11 am, and community drop-in via Teams is Wednesdays from 10 am – 11 am
A fun and interactive program for parents and their children ages 6-23 months. Enjoy learning new rhymes, songs and stories to share with your child.
- Best for Babies, VIRTUAL weekly group support, in-person one on one support is available, must be registered to attend, To visit the website click HERE
A pregnancy outreach program offering culturally sensitive prenatal support to help improve the health of expectant parents, their partners and their babies, up to six months postpartum. Services offered in English and Punjabi, call to register 604-859-7681, ext 288 for English, 604-308-8216 for Punjabi
- Precious Baby Drop-in, ON HOLD Tuesdays from 9:30 am – 10:30 am
An excellent venue for meeting friends! Drop-ins provide opportunities for your child to interact with others while developing social skills. Parents benefit from meeting other parents and sharing information and support. Precious Baby is for families with infants from birth to 1 year.
- Toddler Time Drop-in - ON HOLD Tuesdays from 10:45 am – 11:45 am
An excellent venue for meeting friends! Drop-ins provide opportunities for your child to interact with others while developing social skills. Parents benefit from meeting other parents and sharing information and support. Toddler Time is for families with children from birth to 3 years of age.
- Temple Drop-in - ON HOLD Tuesdays from 10 am – 11:30 am Khalsa Diwan Society Sikh Temple (33094 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford)
An excellent venue for meeting friends! Drop-ins provide opportunities for your child to interact with others while developing social skills. Parents benefit from meeting other parents and sharing information and support. We welcome all parents/caregivers with children 0-6 years of age. This program is facilitated in Punjabi and located at the Khalsa Diwan Society Sikh Temple.
- Parent in Residence, VIRTUAL, Registration on Family Smart website for In the Know presentations, Corinna.Landsberger@familysmart.ca, +1 855 887 8004
‘In the Know’ provides expert speakers on topics important to families who are parenting a child or youth with a mental health and/or substance use challenge and/or those working to support the mental health of children and youth. Watch an ItK video from our library or join an online discussion with other families to connect and learn. Online ItK discussions are facilitated by Parents in Residence and hosted monthly for families to join. Visit the Family Smart website to check for upcoming online discussions and support groups for parents and caregivers with children ages 0-25
FVCDC receives provincial funding to provide these services, therefore, services are 'free' and also accessible through designated interpreters. You can make a referral for your child by completing an online referral form or contacting FVCDC.
- Family Consultation - provided on specific topics identified by you as priorities for your child's development. We are able to share ideas about how to encourage your child's development at home and in the community.
- Parent/Caregiver and Child Program - fun, play-based programs for a small group of children working on developing similar skills. These programs provide opportunities for your child to learn new skills, and for you to learn how to practice the new skills with your child. They are also a great opportunity to meet other parents
- Parent/Caregiver Education & Training Program - providing an opportunity to learn about child development, parenting and other early years topics.
- Community Consultation - we are available to consult with community programs (e.g. preschool or daycare) in order to foster your child's development and encourage successful inclusion in these environments.
- Individual Sessions - occasionally we may provide individual sessions focused on specific goals for your child.
- Team Work - your team members meet, formally and informally, to discuss your child's services and to share ideas and strategies with each other in order to support your child in reaching the priorities you have identified.