You Are Not Alone!!!
This difficult time affects us all – ourselves, our kids, our communities and beyond. Here are some ways to show support to those right outside your door. We are all in this together.
- Follow your province's guidance: It's important to understand that as we follow their guidance, we are helping those that are vulnerable and immune compromised.
- Practice Social Engagement: Stay in touch and communicate with family and friends by phone, e-mail, and/or other communicating apps.
- Help your local food bank: Contact your local food bank. Your support will help them provide food items for families in need.
- Check on neighbors and family members, especially those who live alone, are elderly, have health or mobility issues or are caring for children.
- Support local businesses, schools, and childcare centers: When possible, purchase gift cards to local businesses and uplift those who are trying to keep afloat.
- Provide support to frontline health workers and first responders: Many health workers are working around the clock, so check in on them and take on tasks that they do not have time to do as an expression of gratitude.
- Give blood if you are able: Red Cross and other organizations are in dire need of blood supply and have safe, healthy ways for you to donate.
- Assist in local fundraising efforts: Look into options that provide much-needed supplies to families, as well as the work of your local community and volunteer organizations.
- Stay informed and stay calm: Only share information from credible sources. Remember, when you stay calm, others will follow.
- Take care of yourself and others: Practice patience, kindness, and mindfulness. Encourage others to do the same!